Project TEN (NGO) is an International Development Volunteering and Educational program, operating volunteer centers in various countries around the world.
Young people from all over the world come to the centers for 3 months at a time to volunteer with the local and refugee communities and participate in study sessions in International Development, Social Involvement and Identity.
In collaboration with the local staff, they operate informal education activities within community center and take part in children’s extracurricular classes, youth leadership groups and community outreach.
A new Project TEN center is opening in Ioannina these days and is looking for a coordinator.
- Creating and preserving collaboration with local teams
- Implementing the work plan in the field, based on the project’s work model
- Identifying needs and tailoring suitable solutions to problems in the field
- Training the volunteers for different professional fields
- Preparing professional materials and working programs
- Supporting, training and supervising volunteers
- Leading educational study sessions for the volunteers
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to commit to a period of at least one year
- Background experience in training, support/counselling, or facilitation/moderation (for young adults)
- Background experience in volunteering and social activism
- Ability to work under pressure in a multicultural and dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a team
- Desire to take action in the field of human rights and education for refugees
- Academic degree in related fields (such as education or social work) is a plus
- We offer accommodation (if desired), meals, and a monthly stipend
- The conditions of the position are not suitable for couples or families
CVs should be sent by email to: Greece@project-ten.org
(please write Education and Social Activism Coordinator in your email subject line)
Starting date – August 22nd
Only suitable applications will be contacted