Tour Operator Representative for Corfu Sunspots Travel, in favor of Arkia Clients and others – Corfu, Greece
The holiday representative, or rep, is responsible for looking after groups of clients on package holidays at resorts on Corfu, Greece.
The main priority is to ensure that clients enjoy their holiday and that everything runs as smoothly as possible for them. As the public face of the tour operator, the rep must create an excellent first impression and continue to provide outstanding service to holidaymakers throughout the duration of their stay.
The role involves holding welcome meetings, handling complaints and resolving problems as they arise.
Holiday reps are often also responsible for selling resort excursions and additional services, like car hire.
- meeting guests at the airport
- escorting guests to their accommodation
- organising and hosting welcome meetings
- selling and organising excursions and other activities
- selling car hire and other services
- responding to clients’ queries (this may involve being on duty for set times each day)
- handling client issues, such as lost luggage or passports, allegations of theft or other crimes, problems with rooms, health problems, injuries or even deaths
- establishing and maintaining relationships with local hoteliers, apartment owners, excursion agents and travel companies
- maintaining a knowledge of the resort and the local area in order to answer clients’ questions
- accompanying customers on excursions and acting as a guide
Benefits: Basic Salary, commission on excursion and car sales, free shared accommodation, free car, free telephone, free flights to and from the resort, free uniform and free meals in the cooperating hotels.
- communication skills (both oral and written)
- an outgoing, confident and energetic personality
- stamina and enthusiasm
- presenting, listening and negotiation skills
- a commitment to high levels of customer service
- good business awareness and selling skills
- teamworking ability and leadership skills
- a good sense of humour
- planning and organisational skills
- common sense
- a friendly and approachable manner
- problem-solving ability
- a hands-on and proactive approach.
Experience of customer care, selling, dealing with small groups is desirable.