The Jewish Community of Athens is a vibrant, strong, compassionate, and enduring community in Greece. We are a community focused on the preservation of our identity and the safeguarding of our future.
The Lauder Athens Jewish Community School is a private nursery, kindergarten and elementary school and is part of the Jewish Community of Athens. The school ranks as one of the best private schools in Athens and has always been a top priority for our community. Since its establishment in 1960, more than 1,200 students have graduated; currently there are 125 students enrolled.
The missions of our school are (1) to provide excellent educational standards that adhere to the curriculum of the Greek Ministry of Education, (2) to create and sustain a Jewish identity by teaching Jewish history and Hebrew, and (3) to help sustain lifelong relationships among our students. Recognizing that each child is unique, our teachers and staff strive to help the children develop the positive elements of their personality and promote each child’s physical, emotional, intellectual and social development.
In additional to the Greek curriculum, there are classes in English, Hebrew and French and lessons on Jewish history, religion and culture. The school’s excellent facilities include a theater hall which seats 140 people, a music room, library, gymnasium, computer lab, chemistry lab, soccer field, basketball court, and kindergarten playground. After-school and weekend clubs and e-tutoring offer an additional advantage.The Lauder Athens Jewish Community School is looking for:
Jewish Studies Director (ref.JSD_2017)
Reporting to the School Principal, the position’s main responsibilities & accountabilities are:
- Supervise the Jewish Education programs of the School
- In coordination with the educators, define the educational material and the curriculum of Jewish education
- Coordinate the preparation and the implementation of the Jewish holidays and festivals
- Participate in all necessary educational seminars and implement the gained knowledge in the school and community
- Cooperate with all institutions (community or other) for promoting programs of Jewish education and culture
- Promote through educational and cultural programs of the Greek-Jewish traditions, Jewish values and Jewish culture
- Coordinate and supervise the Shaliachs’ activities
- Coordinate all Jewish education programs for all the community
- Create and maintain the relationship with the RSL Foundation and the Foundation’s other schools
- Bachelor degree
- Proven ability to manage teams
- Very good organizational abilities
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Will for continuous learning
- Very good communication skills with all age groups
- Good use of MS Office
- Excellent level of English
Desired Additional Skills:
- Previous educational working experience (with children and/or adults)
- Previous working with the Jewish education
- Knowledge of HebrewPlease send us your complete resume by Arpil 30th 2017, at email@example.com quoting the positions’ reference.