In 1930, the remains of an ancient Synagogue were discovered in the ancient Agora, at the site of “Metroon”, the Registry building of Ancient Athens. The remains consist of a part of the mosaic floor and an inscribed plaque depicting a Menorah with a lulav (myrtle branch) on it. Archaeologists estimate that the findings relate to the 2nd century C.E. and indicate the existence of an organized community. The remains can be seen by going to the far end of the Temple of Efestou (Thision) and positioning oneself with Lycabettus Hill on the left and the Acropolis on the right.